Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Hospital Stay

6/20/12 We had two hours of skin to skin contact which I absolutely loved. During that time they came in and drew a bunch (I am pretty sure it 7 vials) of my blood. Throughout the day they came and took your blood a lot too. It was so sad! Your poor little foot. I think you were so exhausted that sometimes you didn't even notice. We went and learned about giving you a bath and how to take care of your umbilical cord. At 6:30 AM we called our parents and told them. Chris had to leave during a portion of that morning to take a Differential Equations test..eek! Our parents and siblings visited. We took full advantage of the hospital food, favorite thing-mac and cheese all the way! I wish I could just live at the hospital haha But then again I had a cool bed and Chris was sleeping on a tiny couch... I was on baby high, I was so excited and didn't want to sleep and miss out on any time with you that I didn't go to sleep until late that night. Chris was absolutely pooped haha he conked out before he went to his test. We also took advantage of the free cable, we watched sooo much tv! I love animal planet and so I watched a bunch of animal cops. I didn't go to the bathroom for a long time, but they said that is pretty normal and they gave me some stool softeners so it would be easier. I drank more water during my stay at the hospital than I have my entire life. We told our friends later that afternoon, and various family members/friends visited us throughout the stay at the hospital. I'm not very good at sharing you..I would prefer it if I was the only one to hold you..ever. Some people also stayed for a really long time. I was also very worried that people hadn't washed their hands before they held you. Both evenings we put him in the nursery while I used the hot tub which helped quite a bit with the pain. I did take some pain relievers but I tried to avoid it as much as possible because I knew you would be getting it through nursing. You had a problem of spitting up and choking on it and when you did this you wouldn't make a sound so we wouldn't know unless we were looking at you. So for a period during the night in order to get some sleep we put him in the nursery also. We were terrified that you would choke during the night and that we wouldn't know. I had a hard time getting out of bed because I was in so much pain, and Chris had to help me get out of the bed and walk me to the bathroom. The nurses and Chris were both very helpful and nice, they would go and get tea pads or hand you to me or put you in your hospital rolling crib for me. Your circumcision was so sad! You cried but you also got over it pretty quick. Chris tricked me into watching when he didn't. So I had to watch your sad little face. Nursing was tough, I developed cracks which didn't both heal for about a month and a half. The lactation consultant came and said that you had a perfect latch but you were just a vigorous eater.On Friday (the 22nd) we went home and drove so slow. We were afraid the bumps in the road would cause brain damage. For a long time, we didn't go anywhere with you if the other wasn't going to go too. That way one person could sit in the backseat with you and make sure your head didn't flop around.
Your Uncle Joey

Mason holding you

Dominic Lee Crosby
 

Checking your heart rate

Most adorable little blood pressure cuff

Your first bath!


Your Grandpa Bill

Kendra

Your Great-Grandma Ardie and Great-Grandpa Ken

Kelsey

Rachel


Our Family

Megan

Brittany

Kayla

Your Godmother, Emily

Your Great-Aunt Noreen and Great-Uncle Ken


Allie

Devin

My favorite face that you made "Zoolander"

First Diaper
Your squishy little face



My cousin Jared


No comments:

Post a Comment