So I have to backtrack a bit because I feel like I should share my pregnancy experience. Chris is my boyfriend. We went to high school and now college together. We found out that we were pregnant with you on October 9th, 2011. The first three months I had a little bit of "morning sickness" which is totally a misnomer..i got sick throughout the day not just the morning! At this time I was about 109.5 lbs. Apparently you were craving some protein, mostly Wendy's and steak. The smell of popcorn made me super nauseous. November 15th we had our first appointment. My mom, Chris, and I were all very excited to see you! The OBGYN's name was Dr. Gibbens. I learned that I have hypothyroidism and would have to start taking medication for it. Before this point I couldn't swallow pills and had always taken liquid medicine. So now I would be taking the prenatal vitamin, the DHA vitamin and this levothyroxine pill, this was a struggle every time which sometimes spurred on some throwing up. I got online and saw the effects that hypothyroidism can have on an infant and I was so nervous for you. I was afraid I didn't know soon enough and that you were going to be sick. We went to the latest twilight movie which absolutely horrified me for labor. Also at this time I was a night clerk at the residence hall I was living at so I was working the wonderful 12-4 or 4-8 shifts, paired along with pregnancy..at the very best..I looked like a zombie most days.
The fourth month is when my back started to hurt, ALL the time. We decided not to do any prenatal test (amniocentesis etc) because we will love you no matter what :) A few weird pregnancy quirks: 1. My tummy has gained so much hair it looks like Chewbacca and 2. Having tons of dreams about baby animals. Some interesting places I have gotten sick: 1. My dorm sink 2. My dorm shower 3. The side of HWY 77 (bonus-no cleanup necessary!) 4. Church Happy New Years! You are 16 weeks along! My bump is finally starting to show! But I am 108 lbs now..how that works I have no idea. January 3rd, 2012 we found out that I am Rh negative.
 |
| Jess and Chris at Christmas, no bump really yet! |
No comments:
Post a Comment